This year’s Turkeybuild Istanbul will once again be packed full of valuable events for building and architecture industry professionals.
There’s an exciting line up of over 30 events, where more than 70 high-calibre speakers will address industry issues and new developments. From talks to product presentations, tours to workshops, here’s a few sessions you won’t want to miss at Turkeybuild Istanbul 2018.
1. Building Industry Agenda Forum
Kicking off the programme on 8 May is the Building Industry Agenda Forum – an opportunity for the entire industry to get together and stay up-to-date on the latest industry news. The event will be open to all industry representatives and stakeholders.
The results of the past year will be evaluated in terms of materials, construction, economy, and planning, and forecasts for the coming year will also be shared. Questions to be discussed can be submitted by the audience beforehand.
If you're in the building and architecture industries, make sure you’re at the Agenda Forum at 3pm on 8 May 2018.
2. Trend Seminar: The Social and Behavioural Aspects of Energy Use
Aimed at contractors, architects, and engineers, the Social and Behavioural Aspects of Energy Use seminar will take an in-depth look at energy use shaped by human behaviour.
The seminar will focus on how systems for ‘human-building interaction’ shape user behaviours and encourage energy efficiency, and will look into the latest data systems, behaviour studies, and user apps and systems.
The seminar will be moderated by Prof. Dr. Pınar Mengüç, Director of the Center for Energy, Environment, and Economy, ÖzÜ/EÇEM and will take place at 11am on Thursday 10 May 2018.
3. Building Session: ARCH+(PLUS) Artificial Intelligence + Virtual Reality + Blockchain
This key session will see expert interdisciplinary speakers talk about how technologies such as AI, VR and blockchain are affecting the sector. Issues to be covered include:
- How the job of the architect, construction team, and materials manufacturer will change in the future with the introduction of AI
- How rapid prototyping of architectural concepts with virtual and augmented reality apps will accelerate work on material applications and building inspections
- How blockchain will transform the intellectual property of drawings, contracts, and materials certification
The session will be moderated by Engin Ayaz, Founding Partner and Design Director, ATOLYE and will take place at 3:30pm on 11 May 2018.
4. Architect Conference: Transforming Architecture – Computational Design and Construction
Stuttgart architect and founder of the Institute for Computational Design and Construction, Achim Menges, will introduce ways of tapping the full potential of digital technologies in architecture and construction by going beyond the digitisation of planning procedures and automating construction processes.
Menges will share how digital technologies offer possibilities for new approaches to computationally designed and robotically fabricated architecture that is more efficient, expressive, economical, and ecological.
Join the conference at 2pm on 9 May 2018 at the Yapi Arena (Hall 14).
5. Trend Seminar: Design, Create, and Build with Data: Data Mining in the Building Sector
Aimed at industry professionals interested in learning more about using data to benefit the design and build processes, this session will see speakers discuss the all-important issue of data mining.
Topics will include how to use the data pool in the building sector, how it works, how it affects our decision-making mechanisms, and what kind of a transformation it will provide in the sector in the long term.
Speakers include Bilge Kobaş and Can Sucuoğlu, Founding Partners of Bits’n Bricks. The seminar will take place at 12.30pm on 9 May 2018.